· 7+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
· Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
· Experience applying agile methodologies and processes
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing software development engineering teams
· Experience working with in-memory caching and database technologies, including Memcached and Redis
· A solid understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· A strong customer orientation.
· Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent