Kepler is a radical innovation lab working in the world of investment management. We build and invest in radical innovations with the potential to disrupt institutional asset management. As the radical innovation lab of one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, our group is nimble, and innovative in spirit, but with the backing to tackle monumental projects and have enormous impact.
We are looking for Technical Product Management to help build innovative Machine Learning products for large-scale institutional investing and manage a team of data scientists and engineers.
You've got an interest in machine learning and the ability to build impactful solutions on a massive scale. Always willing to roll up your sleeves in order to find results, you thrive in a collaborative environment where you’re always being challenged to find solutions to unique problems. At Kepler, we need leaders like you to help us build a team that shares a passion for products and experiences that make a difference.
Job description/Role Responsibility:
- Own and drive requirements throughout the software development lifecycle for large components of a machine learning based investing product, including architecture/design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintaining. Participating with and supporting the team as needed in all phases of model development
- Build, manage and mentor a high-performance team of data scientists and engineers
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify and prioritize applications for analytical solutions
- Work collaboratively with engineers and product management to translate business requirements into technical requirements that can be addressed using statistical and machine learning techniques
- Adopt best-practices for deploying and managing data science infrastructure at scale while continuously evaluating new tools and methodologies to optimize performance
- Lead design discussions on data models, architectural framework, and business logic
- Lead backend strategy for data flows as well as model and backtesting modules
- Work with your teammates in an unstructured environment to solve diverse technical challenges
- Partner with various teams to leverage existing and new technologies, integrating them to create a seamless experience for our users
- Help build and shape our engineering culture
- 1-3 years of experience as a python developer
- 1+ years of experience managing a team
- Ability to define the direction for a project and select appropriate methods and tools
- Good interpersonal, leading, oral and written communication, and collaboration skills
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Ability to write reusable code using best practices (unit tests, commentary etc) independently
- Ability to work closely with our client's internal teams.
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Strong track record of academic or professional achievement
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have’s
- Python development experience in a high growth fintech environment
- Machine Learning product development experience
- Experience working with Spark/Hadoop databases and SQL (basic to intermediate knowledge)
- Strong familiarity with large-scale data requirements