There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking for a smart and driven engineer who will be responsible for ensuring the Kenna Platform continues to be performant and reliable. You'll be joining a small, growing team which is tasked with diving right into problems. The team is responsible for developing and implementing best practice guidelines and solutions to help all engineers ensure the code they ship is working as expected. You will work closely with others to learn the answers to complex and interesting technical questions and issues.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so you can focus on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
Candidates should have a software development background. Ruby experience is desired but not required; candidates should have experience and be comfortable working in multiple programming languages. Experience in a Devops team or role would be a good fit. All candidates should feel comfortable troubleshooting potentially unfamiliar issues across a variety of technologies.
- Ensuring stability, reliability, and performance of the Kenna Platform.
- Identifying and fixing problems in both the software and systems domains, especially those that lie somewhere in between.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high quality software as quickly as possible.
- Developing automation to maintain multiple production environments.
- Helping design and build our deployment pipeline for multiple production environments.
- Acting as DBA for our MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres databases, and suggesting or making improvements to application queries and query patterns.
- Documentation and internal training of best practices around stability, reliability, and performance.
- Interacting with developers, system operations, and support to define and prioritize projects.
- 4+ years of experience in a software development and/or Devops role.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- Experience with some or all of our software stack: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Postgres. While Ruby experience is preferred, experience in any dynamic language is acceptable.
- Experience with some or all of our current or future systems stack: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Fedora/RHEL, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant.
- Experience with scalability, deployment, monitoring, alerting, and other aspects of running distributed applications in a public-facing production environment.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.