There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking to hire super smart engineers who like to take ownership of our technical problems, and work autonomously to get things built and shipped without any unnecessary bureaucracy. Our team is built on trust, accountability and transparency. We sometimes ask a lot from our employees, but always reciprocate back with the same flexibility they give us.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to take ownership of significant technical areas across the entire stack by tackling complex analytical problems across a large data set in a tech-centric company.
- Full-stack software design and development, primarily in Ruby.
- Data modeling and querying at scale in MySQL and Elasticsearch.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high quality software as quickly as possible.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it).
- Experience with some or all of our existing stack: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch.
- Significant experience with dynamic languages, agile methodologies, test-driven development, and distributed systems.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.