(www.BiteSquad.com) is building one of the world's most advanced restaurant food delivery platforms with an obsession for great customer experience.
We are looking a for a talented UI/Visual designer with strong consumer-empathy who wants to take creative ownership throughout the entire design process and ship software products used by millions of users. You will design unique, user-centric products across web, mobile web, iOS and Android. There is an emphasis on UI and visual design for this role, but experience in UX and interaction design is helpful.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with UX designers, product managers, developers and copywriters. You must be able to make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a beautiful and fresh software products for our customers, delivery drivers, internal operations teams and restaurant partners across web, mobile web, iOS and Android.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in UI design for software (not graphic/print design) on web and mobile platforms.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Work hours in USA Central & Pacific Time Zones. Although this is remote work and we will hire from any country, you must work during our business hours so candidates from North America are preferred
- Minimum 40 hours/week, full-time employment
- Strong design portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, mockups and final designs which are exported into developer-friendly formats
- Working knowledge of screen design tools like Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of web, mobile web, and mobile app platforms and their limitations
- Strong knowledge of design basics such as color theory, composition, and typography
- Up to date with the latest digital design trends
- Knowledge of Style Guides and design frameworks such as Material Design
- An active iOS or Android smartphone user who understands what matters most from the user's perspective
- Great team player and communicator. Ability to collaborate closely with UX designers, PM, developers, brand marketing, and copywriters, and provide assets in the appropriate format
What you'll do:
- Gather, research and evaluate user requirements and business goals in collaboration with product management, developers and real users.
- Illustrate concepts by designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user flows, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, communicating your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Make strategic, data-driven design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap and style guide which you will help create, as well as your own design taste and fundamental design principles (i.e. human psychology/factors, visual weight, color theory, etc.)
- Design beautiful graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, icons and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how things function and look
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. illustrations, images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Export design comps into developer-friendly formats
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images, which you will help create.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
How to Apply
- Cover Letter -- Write a strong Cover Letter where you must confirm that you meet our Requirements as stated above, and explain why we should hire you. This is vital to your successful application. If you take your time to write this, we promise to we will take our time to consider your application.
- Portfolio -- Personal website URL and/or Dribbble/Behance. Please include the links in your Cover Letter.