About Bite Squad:
Bite Squad is building one of the world's most advanced on-demand restaurant delivery platforms making it easy for people to order their favorite food from their favorite restaurants to their home or office via desktop or mobile device. We are now in over 300 cities across the United States, well-capitalized, pre-IPO, growing fast, and are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our team at HQ in Minneapolis!
We are seeking an extremely talented Business Intelligence Developer who is passionate about how our business operates, from technology to finance, sales, marketing, operations, logistics and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, sales playbook, marketing automation, financial metrics reporting, and customer experience. You’ll collaborate with teams in each department to provide the tools, data, and insights to maximize growth, efficiency and the customer experience.
The right candidate has a unique mix of technical skills and business-process savvy who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals. And you should be able to ship in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
This position offers the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is critical. We value leaders who can own their projects and pay top of market and provide meaningful equity for the best talent.
- Empower Bite Squad’s business, operations and technology teams to engage with customers, track growth and efficiency, and grow the business by building cutting-edge reports, dashboards, tools and integrations which will inform business decisions throughout the company.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to keep our business systems for finance, operations, logistics, marketing automation and customer experience in sync with a variety of sources and our data warehouse.
- Partner with different individuals and teams and on different projects to understand the underlying questions or requests, find patterns and relationships in the data and how to best use data to solve the intent of the request.
- Support shared systems, data and infrastructure, and train others to self-service their data needs in Tableau and Excel.
- Champion the quality and integrity of the data.
- Assess current business processes and recommend change
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in engineering, computer science, finance, math, statistics economics, or similar quantitative or technical field.
- 5+ years of experience handling large volumes of data and building scalable, testable ETL systems.
- 5+ years of experience creating complex data templates, reports, visualizations, and dashboards using industry-standing Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Redash, Redshift).
- Strong querying skills using SQL.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably including Python.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Strong technical aptitude, with a high ceiling for further growth.
- Working knowledge of basic statistical and econometric concepts and data analysis best practices.
- Able to discern and empathize with internal stakeholders' pain points and needs, and meet those needs with concrete solutions.
- Fast and adaptable, able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context.
- Top-notch communication and teamwork skills.