Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
Deliver excellent clinical care.
Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
Innovate where it moves the needle.
Use data effectively.
Be a meritocracy.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
We are seeking an experienced clinical leader who can manage and optimize the day-to-day operations of the clinical department, which includes ambulatory case management, field clinicians, and the patient concierge team. You will be responsible for evaluating the current clinical and operational processes at Kara, identifying gaps, and building or modifying the infrastructure to enable optimal efficiencies for hitting your primary KPI, reducing Hospitalizations and ER visits for our patients.
As a team, Kara is a dynamic combination of clinical, operational and technical talent. We strive to hire individuals who are imaginative in their problem solving, precise in their execution, and unafraid to share new ideas. A great deal of operational flexibility and creative decision-making is available within this role, which will allow you to push past the red tape and institutional boundaries of the traditional healthcare industry and discover what is possible in achieving the company’s mission of providing great patient care, a great patient experience, and being invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
- Lead Clinical operations; this will include the management of ambulatory case managers, field clinicians, and the patient concierge team.
- Evaluate and identify gaps in Kara’s clinical processes and infrastructure; develop the strategy to establish or modify workflows to reduce hospitalizations & ER visits
- Establish best practices and strategies to obtain real time data about hospitalizations & ER Visits as they occur.
- Lead key strategic initiatives that are critical for the success of the clinical business
- Be a key representative, voice and advocate for Kara Health with key external stakeholders such as physicians & hospitals.
- A minimum of a BS or RN is required, with at least 5 years experience in a similar role within Clinical Operations in the healthcare industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical regulatory requirements and knowledge of relevant guidelines
- Experience having managed significant accelerations and challenges in clinical programs is desirable.
- Effective in promoting and maintaining productive internal and external relationships. Proven leadership and team building skills, along with success in proactive risk mitigation and problem solving.
What We Offer:
- Competitive and highly attractive compensation package
- The opportunity to play an integral role at a high-growth startup that has nailed product-market fit and is now working on scaling beyond California to the rest of the United States and then internationally.