Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Use data effectively.
- Be a meritocracy.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
We are looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial, self-starters to join our business development team. In this role, you will be working directly with our growth team to actively seek out and engage our prospective physicians. Your goal will be to have the Physicians in your territory start referring their eligible patients to Kara’s Palliative Care Program.
You will work closely with key stakeholders in order to understand their medical objectives and educate them on Kara in a thoughtful way. You must have the ability to build strong rapport and establish trust through a consultative approach, and balance assertive sales follow up. Success in this role can lead to an Account Executive position.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective physicians
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships with the physicians in your territory
- Reach out to physician leads by dropping by their office and getting to know the staff
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Ability to think on your feet
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive physician professional relationships
- Excellent selling and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the physician needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
What We Offer:
- Competitive and highly attractive compensation package (commission + bonuses)
- The opportunity to play an integral role at a high-growth startup that has nailed product-market fit and is now working on scaling beyond California to the rest of the United States and then internationally.