Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
Kara Health is the largest company in the California market segment. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Carry yourself professionally at all times.
- Reward on merit.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 38 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
The Senior Salesforce Developer will be responsible for the day-to-day design, building, and maintenance of Kara’s Salesforce org. We use Salesforce to power a number of different business functions across the company, and this role will play a key part in making sure we’re operating efficiently on a daily basis.
Working closely with the Product and Operations teams, you will help us deliver on the product roadmap by building custom solutions used daily by employees across the company. You will be a technical contributor and strategist, designing workflows, building automations (a lot of Apex triggers), data models, and custom Lightning components.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will be the main point of contact for a team of outside consultants, and will be primarily responsible for working on time-sensitive projects and handling ad-hoc requests as they come in from various stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has deep Salesforce experience and feels comfortable working with a distributed team, finding immediate opportunities for improvement, and putting together a plan to develop and implement those improvements. This person should be able to take various business requirements and craft a strategy to implement them optimally in the Salesforce framework.
We readily admit we don't know everything there is to know about Salesforce (although we do know a lot), so we're looking for an in-house expert who can help us make the most of its functionalities to help us meet our business goals.
- Build out Kara’s Salesforce org according to the product roadmap
- Work closely with the Product and Operations teams to translate business requirements into creative and effective technical designs
- Help to architect our Salesforce data model and shape our workflows and business processes around it
- Hands-on Salesforce customization, you will be creating and updating custom objects, flows, Apex triggers, process builders, page layouts, permissions, etc.
- Work with the data team to build automated reporting and dashboards
- Make sound architectural decisions as we customize our org to serve various business needs
- Serve as Salesforce ambassador and thought leader within the company
- Work with IT staff to continuously train end users on new processes and create lasting documentation
- Ensure that all technical decisions, processes, and key information on our implementation is documented clearly and regularly
- Assist employees with troubleshooting various Salesforce issues
- Vet and make decisions on which 3rd party extensions we should use for various business needs, handle installation and integration of new tools in our org
- Bachelor / Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on Salesforce experience
- Proven experience leading design, technical development, and end-user rollout of Salesforce processes and features
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification or Salesforce Developer Certification HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience with SQL and/or Python HIGHLY
- Understanding of relational databases and effective custom object design
- Proficiency in custom formula fields and formula criteria for workflow and validation rules
- Experience supporting, designing, and developing a Salesforce implementation from scratch
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in an agile environment