Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Use data effectively.
- Be a meritocracy.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
We are seeking Registered Nurses for the role of 'Telephonic and Remote Case Manager' for patients enrolled in palliative care. You will focus on providing high-quality telephonic nursing support to patients are on service with us. Part-time, full-time, and per-diem opportunities are available in all areas. This position will be in our Beverly Hills office.
- Perform telephonic case management of patients.
- Respond to incoming calls on Kara Health's dedicated nurse line for patients.
- Provide support to patients based on information learned over the phone.
- Participate in the Advance Care Planning process with patients and family members over the phone where appropriate.
- Advocate for completion of Advance Care Planning documentation, including Advance Directives and/or POLST.
- Document on our easy-to-use Electronic Medical Record.
- Review medications identified by our field staff and collaborate with our physician Medical Director and PCP as necessary.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team conferences over the phone.
- Participate in technology and process improvement.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Provide excellent customer service on the phone and adhere to company protocols for communication and decorum.
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Comfort with adopting new technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.