Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Use data effectively.
- Be a meritocracy.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
This is an exciting challenge for a customer-obsessed strategic operator. The Head of Patient experience is the sum of many high-touch interactions with real complexity and in diverse contexts. To deliver a high quality experience is to make being a Kara Patient as delightful as possible, amid all the complexities a patient must deal with.
As Head of Patient Experience, you will translate our company core values into an ethos for all of our patient-facing interactions. You’ll architect and build out the teams, tools and systems to deliver an unprecedented patient experience in this industry. You’ll lead and grow a patient support team, while partnering with all orgs across the company (Marketing, Operations, Product) on delivering your vision for the patient experience.
As a team, Kara is a dynamic combination of clinical, operational and technical talent. We strive to hire individuals who are imaginative in their problem solving, precise in their execution, and unafraid to share new ideas. A great deal of operational flexibility and creative decision-making is available within this role, which will allow you to push past the red tape and institutional boundaries of the traditional healthcare industry and discover what is possible in achieving the company’s mission of providing outstanding comprehensive home health care to all patients.
- Own the quality of the experience for our patients, as measured by Internal Metrics that you will help create and patient retention
- Build a scalable playbook for patient support, finding the right blend of standardization and customization amid a landscape of unique patients, diseases, and treatments
- Partner with the Growth team to develop and oversee our Account Management strategy for patients
- Set, report on, and hold your team accountable to aggressive KPIs that directly drive patient satisfaction and retention goals
- Define SLAs (ex. response times, resolution times, general patient expectations) and develop the processes that achieve them
- Partner with our Product, Engineering, and Design teams to productize and scale your team’s work
- Design and own the effectiveness of our “patient support stack” -- phone, email and any other channels or tools we should consider for patient communication
- Translate our company core values into a patient-facing ethos and ensure all patient-facing communications meet the standards you’ve set (Integrity above all, Patient empathy, Fresh perspective, and Radical accountability)
- At least 2+ years in impactful customer experience leadership roles at high-growth, customer-centric, companies. (Healthcare Experience a Plus)
- Experience delivering excellence within a context of complex, diverse customer-facing operations.
- A proven track record of people leadership. Experience leading some team members remotely and delivering strong outcomes, is a plus
- Ability to attract strong talent for a variety of roles and manage your team to do exceptional, highly motivated work, while getting your hands dirty along the way
What We Offer:
- Competitive and highly attractive compensation package
- The opportunity to play an integral role at a high-growth startup that has nailed product-market fit and is now working on scaling beyond California to the rest of the United States and then internationally.