Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Use data effectively.
- Be a meritocracy.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
We are seeking to add Nurse Practitioners to our interdisciplinary palliative care team! Nurse Practitioners will focus on providing high-quality patient care along with social workers, chaplains, dieticians, and palliative physicians. Part-time, full-time, and per-diem opportunities are available in all areas.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of new patients in their homes.
- Participate in the Advance Care Planning process with patients and family members.
- Advocate for completion of Advance Care Planning documentation, including Advance Directives and/or POLST.
- Document on our easy-to-use Electronic Medical Record with a tablet or laptop.
- Review and modify medications as needed in collaboration with our physician Medical Director and the PCP.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team conferences over the phone.
- Participate in technology and process improvement.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities.
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Comfort with adopting new technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Areas we are actively hiring:
- Los Angeles County (West LA, San Gabriel Valley, Long Beach, Downtown, etc.)
- Apple Valley (Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, Barstow, etc.)
- Antelope Valley (Palmdale, Lancaster, etc.)
- Palm Desert