Our mission at Kara Health is to provide great patient care, a great patient experience, and be invaluable assets to our partners in healthcare.
Founded in 2017, Kara Health is a technology and healthcare services startup. We partner with health plans, health systems, physician organizations, and other ecosystem providers looking to better control quality, experience, and cost for the sickest and most expensive populations of patients.
100% bootstrapped and already profitable, Kara Health is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled healthcare services companies. With our breakthrough proprietary technology that augments patient care delivery in a population health model, we have been able to achieve massive scale and cost-savings for our partners.
Kara Health is now looking to hire rapidly across the entire company in order to support our enormous organic growth. Over the next year, Kara Health will assess all U.S. markets for potential expansion.
Eventually, Kara Health will be a global company as the core problem we solve is global in nature--the vast majority of healthcare costs are disproportionately distributed across a small percentage of individuals and during the final year(s) of life.
- Deliver excellent clinical care.
- Use ‘First Principles Thinking.’
- Innovate where it moves the needle.
- Use data effectively.
- Be a meritocracy.
- Be empathetic.
We are looking for best-in-class, motivated individuals to join Kara Health at this early stage (currently 45 FTE) to help us scale across the United States and globally thereafter. Apply to be a part of our growing team and help us achieve our ambitious goals!
The Head of Growth will lead the design, development and expansion of the patient and physician census at Kara. A priority of this role is the creation and maintenance of patient acquisition channels and platform onboarding experiences for both patients and physicians. This role will work cross-functionally with team members in clinical, product/technology, and operations and report directly to the CEO. The Head of Growth is expected to be a key driver of revenue across the platform by developing new acquisition and growth strategies.
As a team, Kara is a dynamic combination of clinical, operational and technical talent. We strive to hire individuals who are imaginative in their problem solving, precise in their execution, and unafraid to share new ideas. A great deal of operational flexibility and creative decision-making is available within this role, which will allow you to push past the red tape and institutional boundaries of the traditional healthcare industry and discover what is possible in achieving the company’s mission of increasing access to comprehensive home health care to all patients.
- Define and Execute strategy for acquiring new patients and physicians while sustaining long-term growth.
- Develop the frameworks, infrastructure, methodology, metrics, tools, and plans to execute effective and insightful growth initiatives across the marketing funnel, through different channels.
- Through continual experimentation and insights, define ‘playbook’ strategies to launch new markets, scale existing markets that optimizes key metrics (e.g., CAC, Churn, LTV)
- Develop, manage, and grow a mobile sales team that will be reaching out to physicians directly.
- Establish benchmarks and “metrics that matter” and work with product and engineering team members to introduce best practices and solutions that allow for the measurement of success and failure in acquisition and engagement
- Partner with product, marketing and communications team members in creating ways to monitor all stages of the acquisition funnel, from initial awareness of Kara by either a patient or physician to patient admission into Kara.
- Scale a team of talented growth-minded marketers.
- Bring strong “growth” mindset (hypothesizing, testing, measuring, drawing insights, iterating, etc) to the company, including user acquisition, engagement and retention, product marketing
- Demonstrated experience conceiving, crafting and implementing growth strategies with an emphasis on optimizing marketing investments across the funnel and expanding into new markets.
- Prior experience scaling an enterprise product (or new initiative within a larger company); working with Healthcare Technology a plus.
- Highly analytical and data-oriented; ability to draw insights from data; applies creativity, instinct and data to make decisions
- Intentful listener; strong verbal and written communicator; hands-on, can-do mentality, team-oriented, naturally collaborative
- Proven experience within a complex institution, preferably a health system or medical center with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives and achieve stated goals and the motivation to break through red tape.
- Solid business acumen and ability to communicate effectively in-person, via email and phone.
What We Offer:
- Competitive and highly attractive compensation package (cash + equity)
- The opportunity to play an integral role at a high-growth startup that has nailed product-market fit and is now working on scaling beyond California to the rest of the United States and then internationally.