WHO YOU ARE
- Are you looking for a career that helps you grow and recognize your goals?
- Are you interested making an immediate impact and contributing to strategic goals?
- Are you searching for an exciting opportunity that fits your lifestyle?
If so, this is a rare opportunity you should know about. Many are looking for this opportunity...and we have it! It does not come around often and not everyone is qualified, but perhaps this might be you! If this sounds interesting, read on...
WHO WE ARE
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs. Based in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here is where you come in. We are looking for talented engineers that want to be part of something big. If you are a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at a high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
In this role, you will be providing meaningful and daily contributions towards the collective goal of the organization. You will have an important part in helping Kapow is drive an exciting transformation of how companies find, book and execute some of their most important face-to-face interactions with key clients. This role is responsible for the critical technology platform that makes this possible.
The DevOps Engineer at Kapow is a key role in the technology organization, and is responsible for the health and operations of the Kapow platform. You will work with enterprise operations tools, security, and cloud framework standards to facilitate the development and deployment of high quality software in a fast-paced, agile environment.
The successful candidate will have an established background in AWS architecture and services, DevOps management lifecycle and strong technical skills in management of software applications and infrastructure.
You will have an established track record of envisioning and maintaining complex distributed software systems, a keen technical curiosity, excellent time management and communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- In collaboration with other members of the Technology team, this role emphasizes focus on architecture efficiency, automation, security, and quality.
- Design and implement successful practices around Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Automated Deployment.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Drive operational services, including: Enterprise IT planning, data management, information management, architecture, IT security strategy/policies, and AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of all existing operations and current/future needs based on evolving technologies and market competition.
- Develop, report on and continuously improve KPIs by driving enhanced site monitoring and optimization capabilities to ensure that we are always focused on end-user experience.
- Maintain and optimize development tools, environment and best practices within your team and ensure they are followed to assure quality and long-term health of the services your team owns.
- Be an evangelist in the company for platform health, security, and performance (speed, efficiency, costs, and resiliency)
- Ideal candidate should possess 5+ years experience in a mid to high volume B2C or B2B eCommerce environment.
- 3+ years experience providing leadership and direction to DevOps, Development or Infrastructure teams.
- Prior experience building and managing services in AWS or similar high-performance cloud environments.
- Fluency in API management and RESTful standards.
- Familiarity with containerization in Docker and AWS Lambda services.
- Solid technical experience in the following areas: software architecture, application development, infrastructure engineering, integration and support.
- Hands on experience with MVC frameworks like Ruby on Rails.
- Hands on experience with system Dev tools and deployment/monitoring tools like GitHub, Jenkins, New Relic, Sumologic, Honeybadger...etc.
- Familiarity with the implementation of JS front-end frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular. Experience with bundlers and package manager such as Yarn, npm, and Webpack.
- Demonstrable and recent experience in managing external service providers.
- AWS certification a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of software development technologies in an agile environment, scrums, and using tools such as JIRA.
- Self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and works well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints.