Kapow is the world's leading corporate events platform, offering unique experiences that are easy to book, drive bottom-line results and don't break the bank. Simply put, we help businesses grow by giving them an unfair amount of face time with their customers, partners and teams. Combining the ease of a digital marketplace with the service and expertise of a local event planner, Kapow connects people with thousands of curated events in just seconds
We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
This position is a contract role with a target of 10-20 hours a week. Potential for full time conversion within 6-12 months.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Provide quality internal and external customer service in the preparation, negotiation and review of customer contracts
- Perform multiple, time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare and review vendor and partner arrangements
- Advise internal business clients on strategies to address client needs
- Develop, maintain and monitor procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of issues
- Provide day-to-day legal counseling on operational and transactional matters
- Conduct privileged investigations and train internal business clients as assigned by supervising attorney
- Manage outside counsel in various matters where appropriate
- Identify issues and develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives
- Collaborate with senior management on big picture issues
- J.D. with exceptional academic credentials
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience at a nationally reputable law firm and/or with a corporation.
- A naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions.
- Efficiently analytical and exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- A strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of a cross-departmental team.
- Confident, professional and quickly able to gain the respect and trust of business team members.
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and work collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and internal clients.
- Extremely organized and efficient with strong follow-through and accountability.
- Thrive in new and potentially uncomfortable situations and be able to simultaneously manage multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- A self-starter who is extremely sharp, quick to pick up new concepts