WHO WE ARE
Though we’re living in a world of texts, Tweets and long emails threads, real business is still done face to face—at great events. That’s why Kapow is disrupting the $500 billion events industry by building the world’s largest collection of unique event ideas. Our online marketplace covers everything from happy hours at local hot spots to trips to Punta Cana. Companies like Google, LinkedIn and HP can find cool events and book them online, then use our suite of online tools to manage their event from start to finish.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Collaborate with Account Manager(s) to execute events for assigned portfolio of accounts from start to finish
- Compare contracts against experience to ensure booking consistency including (date/ time/ headcount/ menu/ etc.)
- Review, sign, send and file BEO for all assigned events
- Collaborate with vendors and venue partners to answer client questions, create timelines and run of show documents, coordinate event logistics, facilitate headcount/date/timing/menu changes, etc.
- Work with clients to make sure all event needs are met
- Build rapport and trust with assigned accounts to anticipate client needs and secure repeat business
- 2-4 years of related event planning/account management experience
- Capable of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Strong ability to manage clients and develop long term, trusting relationships
- Creative, innovative and insightful on local and national event trends with a passion for consistently delivering great events
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences”
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Vendor/partner management and negotiations skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Computer/technology: Word, Excel, Salesforce