WHO WE ARE
Kapow is the world's leading corporate events platform, offering unique experiences that are easy to book, drive bottom-line results and don't break the bank. Simply put, we help businesses grow by giving them an unfair amount of face time with their customers, partners and teams. Combining the ease of a digital marketplace with the service and expertise of a local event planner, Kapow connects people with thousands of curated events in just seconds.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
A culture of ownership—both in attitude and equity, a fun workspace with a built-in bar, a prime Chicago location on the river at Wacker & Wells (just steps from the CTA and Metra), weekly team lunches (and we take snack requests), the latest engineering tech, first-class health care, fun off-site adventures, and the best damn team out there—changing corporate events forever.
TASKS YOU’LL JUGGLE
- Cultivating new and existing relationships with clients to drive account growth while hitting or exceeding revenue targets
- Operating in a cooperative team environment to sell and execute engaging, unforgettable and flawless corporate events
- Collaborating with teams across Kapow (product/event operations/technology/supply/sales /marketing) to provide input and feedback from customers
- Collecting and managing references and referrals to help grow Kapow
- Strong character: high integrity, driven, resourceful, cooperative
- Constantly curious, with a strong desire to create something new
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of experience carrying a quota in B2B or Events Sales/Account Management (major plus if you have both)
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding revenue targets
- Demonstrated success growing pipeline and revenue from managed accounts
- Thrive on building meaningful client relationships with a consultative approach
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet, with ability to handle tough conversations and find quick solutions
- Coachable, with ability to implement feedback quickly, and dedicated to consistent growth
- Excel in fast-paced environments
- Relationship-builder, capable of influencing multiple layers of management from key decision-makers to sales leaders to executive assistants and event planners
- A true passion for events
- Aptitude and interest to keep abreast of market trends in clients' industry groups
- Experience with Salesforce CRM