IS THIS YOU...
You are somebody looking for an opportunity that helps you grow and recognize your goals.
You are somebody that looks to make positive contributions to a technology team.
You are somebody that understands how business drives technology.
You are somebody who has a prosperity mindset to succeed.
If this sounds like you, then please read on...
WHO WE ARE
Kapow is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for talented engineers that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you. Here’s where you come in.
WHAT WE OFFER
A culture of ownership—both in attitude and equity, a fun workspace with a built-in bar, a prime Chicago location on the river at Wacker & Wells (just steps from the CTA and Metra), weekly team lunches (and we take snack requests), the latest engineering tech, first-class health care, fun off-site adventures, and the best damn team out there—changing corporate events forever.
STUFF YOU’LL BE DOIN’
- Developing features for the Kapow platform on a Mac using Ruby/Rails, Git and MySQL
- Building API’s
- Using source version control tools
- Doing cloud based deployments
- Working in 2-week sprints and you’ll be participating in all Scrum activities
- Designing and architecting software features
- Enjoying one of the top rated office spaces in Chicago!
- 3-5 years of relevant software engineering experience on a framework like Rails
- Comfortable developing API’s (GraphQL, RESTful, JSON)
- Proficient with SQL and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL,...etc.
- Fluent in Unit Testing (RSpec, Cucumber, or equivalent in your favorite language)
- An entrepreneur's soul and the ability to thrive in an agile environment
- You are a problem solver and an executor
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience working in cloud environment (AWS EC2, S3, Elasticsearch, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with third party API integrations
- Experience with e-commerce transactions and related security
- Experience developing and improving e-commerce platforms
- Application architecture principles (Kruchten 4+1, UML, TOGAF ADM, DDD, XP, Continuous Design)
- Experience with continuous integration environments and deployment tools (Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Knowledge about server/application performance optimization