WHO WE ARE
Kapow is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Collaborate with Account Manager(s) to execute events for assigned portfolio of accounts from start to finish
- Compare contracts against experience to ensure booking consistency including (date/ time/ headcount/ menu/ etc.)
- Review, sign, send and file BEO for all assigned events
- Collaborate with vendors and venue partners to answer client questions, create timelines and run of show documents, coordinate event logistics, facilitate headcount/date/timing/menu changes, etc.
- Work with clients to make sure all event needs are met
- Build rapport and trust with assigned accounts to anticipate client needs and secure repeat business
- A Bachelors Degree (required)
- 2-4 years of related professional event planning/coordination experience
- Capable of meeting/exceeding goals
- Strong ability to manage clients and vendors and develop long term, trusting relationships
- Creative, innovative and insightful on local and national event trends with a passion for consistently delivering great events
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences”
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding event details
- Vendor/partner management and negotiations skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Computer/technology: Word, Excel, Salesforce