Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $22 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a driven, experienced engineer who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Deepening the integration of our "Motion Coach" technology in our therapy apps
- Participating in product design and iteration with the cross-functional, self-managed team that owns the development of our Motion Tracking Platform (you will sit in a team of mobile, backend, ML/CV engineers, sport scientist, PM, designers, etc.)
- Further developing our medical device API and admin interface in Ruby on Rails by defining and iterating on software architecture.
- Implementing new features, selecting frameworks and libraries, scaling the platform to support a growing number of users, and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- The opportunity to personally grow, get in touch with cutting edge ML/CV research (we build all vision models in house and push the SOTA in Pose Estimation on mobile) and learn with a team that pushes for productization of ML tech to solve a real problem with broad applicability
- Optional: Contribute to and drive forward our ML Data Platform and Python Django ML Macroservice
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of backend development using Ruby on Rails
- Strong software architecture & data modelling skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices
- Strong engineering background, preferably with academic training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused team, and actively participate in the design of future features and iterations
Ideally you also have (completely optional):
- Understanding of machine learning concepts or first practical experience
- Initial working experience with Python
- DevOps experience using Docker, Terraform, Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library