Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $22 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a driven, experienced engineer who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
Please note, previous experience with Machine Learning is NOT a requirement, but willingness to make yourself familiar is.
- Own the implementation of our Live Body Tracking library for Android called "Motion Coach" and extend it to reach feature parity with iOS
- Make architectural decisions and choose the technical approach with the goal of making this library available for more Android devices (experiment with Neural Network runtime engines & optimize them together with our ML engineers)
- Participate in product design and iteration with the cross-functional team that owns the development of our Motion Tracking Platform (you will sit in a team of mobile, backend, ML/CV engineers, sport scientist, PM, designers, etc.)
- Prototype new feature ideas as part of the regular working mode and in dedicated hackathon sessions
- Integrate our Motion Coach library into our therapy apps by closely working together with Android engineers across other product teams
- The opportunity to personally grow, getting in touch with cutting edge ML/CV research (we build all vision models in-house and push the SOTA in Pose Estimation on mobile) and learn with a team that pushes for productization of ML tech to solve a real problem with broad applicability
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development using Java or Kotlin
- Strong software architecture skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices
- Experience in rapid prototyping, an eye for design, and a natural empathy for the user
- Strong engineering background, preferably with academic training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused, self-managed team, and actively participate in the design of future features and iterations
Ideally you also have:
- Initial experience with Android NDK, TensorFlow Lite, or other Neural Network runtime engines
- Thorough understanding of machine learning concepts or first practical experience
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library