The Project Administrative Assistant (PAA) shall provide administrative support to managers and staff, which includes but is not limited to collecting information, maintaining files, scheduling appointments, producing correspondence and otherwise assisting the Project Manager and project staff with administrative and business requirements. Answering phones, sending and receiving faxes, email or other means of correspondence, making copies of documentation, as required, are also part of the general duties. And can speak Japanese.
• PAA has minor accounting functions such as furnishing the Company’s Accounting and/or Purchasing Departments with the information required for purchase orders, change orders and subcontracts.
• PAA communicates with all relevant departments within the Company’s headquarters to ensure full and complete information is conveyed in timely and accurate manner. The PAA shall take initiative when required to provide immediate assistance to the Company project personnel in communicating policies and procedures.
• The PAA shall use his/her own judgment and initiative to correspond with subcontractors, vendors and/or governmental agencies when necessary to execute his/her responsibilities.
• The Project Administrator shall be familiar with standard business concepts, practices, and procedures within a construction company and shall rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience as an on-site project administration; experience with above-listed responsibilities. Knowledge of construction trades and office procedures and equipment.
• Bilingual (English/Japanese) is preferred
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS College certificate or degree in business administration preferred. The minimum requirement is a high school diploma with 10 years of relevant experience. This position requires proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, SharePoint and the ability to discern appropriate context for construction drawings and documents. Also, this position requires thoroughness to complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities; alertness to all that is taking place on the job site, truthfulness and honesty in all situations, responsibility to know and do what is expected. The PAA must be a team player and must possess a valid driver's license.
Additional Information & Company Preferences
- Local candidate of Huntsville, Decatur, Athens and surrounding areas preferred
- Candidates with experience in Construction Job Site and Construction-related companies
- Job location is Auto-motive parts manufacturing plant
- Length of Project: Aug 2019 – Nov 2020
Note: Send resume in Word Document format