My Client is looking to hire a key member of a start-up operation, which began October 2018. We are looking for an experienced FLEET MANAGER who will be able to dispatch 15-20 drivers, find backhaul for the drivers, occasional power only load search, perform payroll accurately, be an integral part of the new driver orientation, have full knowledge of DOT regulations, be responsible for registering and licensing the company assets, responsible for appropriate federal and state tax/mileage reporting and be willing to follow company procedures. In addition, the candidate must be forklift certified to assist in the warehouse operation, when required. This candidate must be willing to work the required hours that are necessary to make this operation successful. This Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must communicate effectively with the drivers, customers, co-workers, and management. This Candidate will be required to visit the factory location, where the outbound loads originate on a regular basis, including new driver orientation. We are looking for a Candidate who not only has the 'Can Do' attitude but who can execute the work to achieve the goals/tasks of the job.
- Coordinating the outbound dispatching of multi-stop loads originating at the manufacturer
- Coordinating inbound loads (some multi-stop) from locations throughout the US. This to include the return of steel returnable crates to the manufacturer
- Prepare and submit accurate payroll information on a weekly basis
- Prepare daily/monthly reports for customer and management
- Following company procedure in setting up accounts with truck brokers to assist in procuring inbound loads
- Coordinate with the customer and travel to customer site as part of the orientation process and the training that will be required for the specialized equipment used
- Travel to customer site on a weekly basis to inspect the company’s assets
- Researching and doing what it takes to ensure all of the company’s assets are properly licensed and have the proper registration
- Responsible for State and Federal mileage and/or fuel tax reporting
- Clear and professional communication with the driver, customer, and co-workers
- To be able to assist in the warehouse operations when required
- Excellent people (driver management) skills
- 10+ years dispatch experience
- Knowledgeable in DOT regulations
- Experienced with transportation and supply chain operations and processes
- Experience in working with computerized truck dispatch software
- High proficiency in Excel (advanced)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in using routing and load optimizing software
- Excellent phone skills and customer service
- Forklift Certified & Warehouse experienced, preferred
Note: Our need is urgent and we want to find the most suitable candidate now.
If you feel you are qualified, please contact us so we may set up an interview for you.
Provide us with your resume in a Word Doc format today.