Do you enjoy leading a great team that is solving challenging problems using the latest technologies? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe?
) is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result we are solving some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud-based architecture scaling.
We are searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. This disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
As a result of continuing to grow the JumpCloud Engineering feature teams, we are hiring a Software Engineering Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to come into newly formed teams and play a key role in their success and development in addition to your growing your own career.
You will be responsible for guiding the engineering teams reporting to you. You will have influence over our engineering practices in addition to product strategy and execution. You’ll build out features, help drive architecture, define best practices and enable product quality. We’re operating at startup scale and speed and as a manager you’ll help guide the way.
- Engineering management for 2-3 agile teams comprised of Software Engineers, Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET), UI and QA engineers
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and mentoring a diverse team of high potential team members
- As an active member of the engineering leadership team, partnering with peers and other teams to build, lead and inspire a world class engineering organization
- Product Owner for agile project teams - you will be both a first line manager for engineers on your team as well as performing the role of Product Owner (PO) for the team
- Drive reuse of development work, platforming, and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
We’re looking for… Candidates should have experience delivering complex, distributed systems into production, an established track record in developing customer-facing software, technical ability, project management skills, great communication skills with the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years experience managing and leading teams developing SaaS products
- Hands on experience working with Agile teams including Scrum
- Experience managing cross functional teams including Dev and Quality
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience partnering with Product Management and User Experience teams to build the best customer experience
- Track record of continuous improvement through innovation, delivery, process development quality etc.
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. Strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Background in Identity and Access Management
- Experience managing managers and orgs with multiple teams
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater (where you can hear great bands warming up next door). While we are able to consider candidates who are willing to relocate, we are not able to process visas or transfers at this time.
Why JumpCloud? JumpCloud is in the process of disrupting and modernizing a multi-billion dollar industry owned by the legacy IT vendors. You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks to continue to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high performance product will be valued!
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.