Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe?
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
Ideal candidates are passionate about quality and testability and use their software development knowledge to improve code quality. As part of a growing feature team you’ll be responsible for participating in the development, testing and debugging of the JumpCloud software platform including supportability, product quality, and time-to-market. You'll design tests and develop software to break our platform and ultimately make it better.
What you’ll be doing: Implementing testing methodologies, best practices, and thought leadership as we deliver software for our growing customer base world-wide.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable tests to validate complex features.
- Participate in developing effective test strategies
- Drive our quality effort with a focus on strengthening the design, usability, and testability of our code.
- Communicate and collaborate within the engineering feature teams to develop automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have: You like to write code, are passionate about quality and think about the ROI of automating tests. You like to know how everything works from top to bottom, how the pieces fit together, and how the system works.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience with a strong quality and development background
- Go and/or Python would be ideal. Our initial framework is in Python and you'll help to extend that. We're looking for people with experience in multiple languages from C/C++ to Ruby to Perl.
- Experience developing complex test automation software, scripts and/or automation framework sand a proven track record of contributing to and maintaining high quality standards
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Developing testable SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS/GCP)
- Skills with SQL and querying databases
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX/Unix as desktop development environment
- Bonus points: knowledge of non-relational databases, directory protocols, and network security.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and enterprise authentication services like Active Directory, SAML is a big plus.
- Strong team player, we are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder. We are happy to consider candidates who are relocating to CO as well as H1B transfers.
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with passionate developers and product folks to build a high availability product for a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.