Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe? We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
What you’ll be doing: As part of our engineering team you’ll assist in developing agent technology that enables JumpCloud system management to authenticate across environments with heterogeneous operating systems.
In this role that sits in between system-level and application development you’ll:
- Work with Windows/Linux/OS X APIs and potentially explore the OS authentication internals
- Write code which integrates with OS X FileVault and Keychain tools/APIs
- Help develop a highly performant scale out of our SaaS infrastructure platform
We’re looking for…
Software Engineers with specific OS system level development skills (MacOS, Linux or Windows development) or a strong desire to work at this level.
- 4+ years experience of native development at the desktop level. This could be MacOS systems level development using Objective C/Swift OR experience with Windows 32 API/ system level Windows development OR Linux application development in C/C++
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks. We’re working in Go and other languages so experience in Java, C, C++, or Python is a big plus.
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX/Unix as desktop development environment
- Previous experience with Native code ( i.e. system level API calls, kernel level or driver development, security management, file or sync organization, file system process management, OS routines) would be big plus
- Familiarity with networking and network security is a plus
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code.
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
While we are happy to consider candidates who are willing to relocate, we are not able to process visas or transfers at this time.
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks as well as some of the best architects in the country to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.