Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe? We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We are focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
What you’ll be doing: As a key part of our engineering team you’ll assist in developing agent technology that enables JumpCloud system management to authenticate across environments with heterogeneous operating systems.
In this role that sits in between system-level and application development you’ll:
- Work with Mac and Linux/OS X APIs and potentially explore the OS authentication internals
- Write code which integrates with OS X FileVault and Keychain tools/APIs
- Help develop a highly performant scale out of our SaaS infrastructure platform
We’re looking for…
Software Engineers with specific OS system level development skills (MacOS, Linux) or a strong desire to work at this level. If you come with C/C++ or the OS level skills, we'll provide the opportunity to learn Golang and the web skills.
- 2+ years commercial experience doing native development for desktop applications in MacOS or Linux platform. ( i.e. system level API calls, kernel level or driver development, security management, file or sync organization, file system process management, OS routines)
- MacOS systems level development using Objective C/Swift OR Linux application development in C/C++
- Experience integrating with the Apple Security Framework for Authentication and Authorization is a big plus.
- Experience building applications that securely consume RESTful web services is also a big plus.
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks. We’re working in Go and C/C++ so experience in Java, C, C++, or Python is important.
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX/Unix as desktop development environment
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
We are happy to consider candidates who are targeting relocation to CO as well as H1B transfers.
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks as well as some of the best architects in the country to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.