Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe?
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design, build and maintain the next generation of server management and directory software. We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
What you’ll be doing: We’re looking for several software engineers to be the next members of our awesome team. As an integral member of the Infrastructure, Security, and Operations team you will be solving critical issues in our core application stack as well as working with the architecture team on longer terms resilience, scalability and performance projects. You'll jump in to fix immediate customer issues as well as work on longer term solutions.
This is a high visibility position and an ideal role for someone who enjoys having a broad understanding of the technologies used in our product. 50% of your time you'll be working collaboratively with our customer success and engineering teams across the stack to fix critical issues that keep customers happy. The other 50% you'll be involved in projects and developing tools that enhance our base platform's resilience and scale.
This is a great role for developers who enjoy working close to customer issues, desire variety in their daily work and prefer cultivating a breadth of skills. It's ideal for someone who is just starting their career, who has been on a product team for awhile and craves variety, or a support engineer who has modified production code through the code fix process and has the desire to work in cloud technologies.
We’re solving complex problems in the cloud. You will be using the latest technologies like GoLang, Vagrant, Docker, Saltstack, ELK Stack, Redis, etc. But wait, you haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we’re open-minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
We’re looking for…
- 2+ years of programming in Go. We wish, but seriously, experience in a variety of languages (Java, Python, C, or C++) and a strong desire to learn Golang.
- Experience with SaaS applications in the cloud, AWS preferably
- Database experience, including relational and nonrelational databases
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX as desktop development environment
- An engineer who enjoys the pace and urgent nature of fixing critical customer issues.
- Comfort context switching as quickly as the situation demands.
- Flexibility to take on a myriad of assignments across several project areas.
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Git experience.
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
While we are able to consider candidates who are willing to relocate, we are not able to process visas or transfers at this time.
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top engineers and product folks to continue to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high performance product will be valued!
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.