Reporting to the Head of Engineering, your role will be to collaborate on the architecture and design and be significant contributor to the development of a modular platform that facilitates the integration of various third-party services with our own.
You will contribute to all decisions related to designing, building, and delivering an integration platform.
You will follow established best and/or recommended practices wherever possible and make recommendations for good practice when necessary.
You will establish and maintain diligent standards with respect to coding standards, continuous integration, version control and other aspects of Software Engineering.
You will lead by example authoring well designed and and well documented software. You will establish precedents that meaningfully guide the efforts of others as the team grows.
You will identify and enforce exacting standards with respect to code convention and consistency.
You will contribute to the design and maintenance of the necessary data architecture to the best of your ability and make schema impacting decisions with diligence, care, and collaboration with the Head of Engineering or his/her designate.
You will contribute to the creation of internal practices, procedures and policies that will govern the approach to developing software and deploying software to production environments.
You will participate in an on-call rotation providing support for issues pertaining to the integrations platform.
- Extensive experience building RESTful API’s and WebServices
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Rails, Django ...).
- Knowledge of Software Architecture Patterns and their benefits
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design.
- Firm grasp of Security By Design and Privacy By Design principles
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD.
- Understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Elasticsearch).
- Basic knowledge of JS frameworks (React, Angular or similar)
- Knowledge of CI/CD Concepts
- Understanding of Build/Deploy Tools
- Experience using and/or building DevOps Pipelines
- Unrelenting discipline with respect to production environments
- Ability to continuously adapt to changing priorities