Joule is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a small but fast-paced Accounting team. The main responsibilities include maintaining the books and providing financial analysis and statements to C-level management that help inform essential business decisions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute month end closeout of books
- Complete analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and depreciation schedule
- Provide analysis of a large number of financial transactions and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Process company wide payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform follow-up on missing credit card receipts
- Enter monthly General Ledger Journal entries
- Enter all receivables and payables into the accounting system in a timely manner
- Maintain all vendor/customer financial records
- Pay bills, create invoices, and record deposits in accounting system
- Review hourly employee wages
- Provide assistance and participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Degree in Accounting and 2+ years equivalent experience as a bookkeeper or controller
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Proficiency in Intermediate Excel - Must be able to prepare and maintain worksheets and manipulate data from downloads and extracts.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Very high level of written and oral communication
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Working Conditions - A workstation at Joule will be provided. Assistance may also require the employee to work outdoors, and in a Warehouse.
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. You will receive hands on experience in accounting systems in a meaningful way to Joule. We operate with a “triple bottom line” philosophy, meaning you don’t have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Volunteer community service opportunities
- On-the- job training
- Learning focused environment
- Professional development