Job Purpose: Perform skilled operation of multiple pieces of equipment; trencher, excavator, skid steer, and telehandler. Function as an integral member of Joule Energy Solar teams. Assist Site Superintendents/Field Engineers in the construction of equipment pads and excavation of trenches.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work in a safety first, team focused environment
- Take instruction from on-site foreman or other leaders in order to effectively and efficiently execute job plans
- Maintain quality standards and ensure all Joule and rented equipment is maintained in an exceptional working manner
- Work efficiently with attention to detail by reviewing issued for construction engineered drawings
- Perform other support tasks as needed
- Capable of working non-standard hours, including working from remote job sites
Knowledge & Skills
Significant demonstrated work experience with most of the tasks on the following list:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a multitude of equipment
- Neat, efficient, and workmanlike excavations and preparation of ground conditions for electrical or mechanical materials; electrical trenches, effective trench compaction in different soil types, and trench safety precautions
- Ability to read and interpret single lines and developing inferences based on unclear plan sets
- High school diploma or GED
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 Certification
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by Joule Energy
- Experience in some electrical cable installation is preferred
Working Conditions - Work will be performed outside, rain or shine.
Physical Requirements - Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, heavy lifting (45lbs).
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We operate with a "triple bottom line" philosophy, meaning you don't have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- On-the-job training
- Learning-focused environment
- Opportunities for advancement