Function as an integral member of the Joule Energy solar construction crew in a fast-paced setting. Our field engineers are our on-site MacGyvers - they problem solve, in real time, and ensure the project is running smoothly and without QC or safety issues.
Role & Responsibilities:
Technical Skill Sets:
- Perform every task on site on or ahead of schedule without QC errors or safety issues
- Efficient and safe operation of lull/forklift, excavator, and skid steer
- Advanced electrical knowledge, including all applicable codes and best practices for site design and construction
- Close familiarity with typical major equipment on PV sites, including DAS Monitoring systems, inverters, transformers, switchgear, etc.
Supervisory Skill Sets
- Capable of reviewing plans critically and quickly
- Ability to quickly generate multiple as-built redesign options when engineering plans are unclear or problematic
- Ability to generate takeoffs and procurement lists based on new suggested designs based on likely availability of supplies and appropriateness of alternative solution
- When leading a team or training other installers, maintain schedule without QC issues or safety infractions
- Experience on dozens of MW scale projects with primary responsibility for both AC and DC electrical, including trenching, large gauge conductors (500MCM+), and communication wiring.
- Experience in small utility-scale projects (1-20 MW)
- Able to recognize electrical design issues at a glance and develop alternatives on the fly, and then communicate those alternatives clearly to the team.
- 5-10 years of solar and/or industrial electrical experience
- Must be willing to travel all over the country for all work, with up to six consecutive weeks on site at a time.
- Prefer licensed electricians and/or engineering degree.
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We operate with a "triple bottom line" philosophy, meaning you don't have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Volunteer community service opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Learning focused environment
- Professional development
- After field qualification, hourly is $30-$40/hr DOE, with consistent overtime, per diems, PTO, and health care