Our Senior Operations & Maintenance Technician (O&M) will have a lead role and oversee the upkeep and continued success for assigned solar facilities involving duties mainly covering Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities. This position allows the employee to have a hands-on role during a site’s transition from Utility PV Operations to the O&M phase of a facility’s life to assure each site is performing as expected.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of on-site and off-site O&M technical preventative and corrective maintenance issues including, but not limited to:
- Routine Preventative Maintenance
- Repair and/or replacement of broken equipment
- Initial installer errors and/or installation wrap-up support
- Warranty processing, procurement, and fulfillment
- Paid/new service
- Vegetative Maintenance
- Strong focus on safety and quality workmanship
- Maintaining friendly, reliable, and helpful off-site and on-site customer interaction
- Detailed documentation of work history and field findings on all issues on site using various software such as Site Capture, SaleForce, Drop Box, CMMS tools, etc.
- Uploading work orders details, pictures, and other findings on a daily basis
- Keeping various devices (SmartPhone, Laptop, etc.) up to date with various software and Apps in order to be able to upload the various work order history
- Lead and train junior technicians
- Other tasks as necessary
Technical Skill Sets:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on portfolio of project sites
- Act as onsite lead to troubleshoot and repair various equipment, overseeing and assisting with the work of junior technicians and/or temporary helpers
- Equipment including but not limited to: PV Modules, Inverters, DC Combiners, AC Combiners, Switchgear, Tracker controllers and related mechanical equipment, DAS monitoring and communications hardware
- Performing tasks with an emphasis on safety and quality workmanship for themselves and junior technicians and/or temporary helpers
- Providing detailed reports to O&M Specialist and to O&M team on various daily job tasks and routine preventative/corrective maintenance
- Perform vegetative tasks(i.e. mowing, weed eating, etc,) as necessary
- Capable of independently completing most tasks on site with minimal instruction from foreman/supervisor based on reading plan sets and install manuals without QC issues, safety issues or delay
- Capable of efficient and safe operation of heavy equipment (forklifts, etc.)
- Oversee overall project site cleanliness and organization
- Monitoring vegetation
- Equipment organization (Heavy equipment, PPE, tools)
- Spare parts inventory and organization
- Proactive approach to suggesting methods for O&M activities
- Willingness to accept training to learn new aspects of equipment troubleshooting
Working Conditions - Employee will be required to work outside in all weather conditions and temperatures for extended periods of time.
Physical Requirements - Employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, operate heavy machinery, and perform work while on a ladder.