Job Purpose: Perform semi-skilled to skilled electrical work building utility-scale solar power plants. Function as an integral member of the Joule Energy solar construction crew in a fast-paced setting.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work in a team focused environment
- Take instruction from on-site foreman or lead electrician
- Learn new electrical skills on the job
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit
- Measure, cut, and install wires into conduit and make proper connections.
- Manage and control electrical cable
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Work efficiently with attention to detail
- Perform other support tasks as needed
- Capable of working non-standard hours, including working from remote job sites
Knowledge & Skills
Significant demonstrated work experience with most of the tasks on the following list:
- Knowledge of and ability to use electrical materials, tools, equipment
- Knowledge of testing instruments such as multi-meter, volt-ohm meter, amp-probe
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner
- Ability to drive site machinery such as utility vehicles, Telehandlers, Bobcats
- Neat, efficient and workmanlike conductor terminations, wire management, and labeling
- MC4/H4 Connections
- Understanding of module stringing strategies and the impact of module string size on voltage.
- Multiple strategies for safely pulling wire through conduit
- Multiple strategies for maintaining proper spacing for direct burial wire
- Understanding of grounding and ground testing (FOP)
- Landing large gauge (500MCM and larger) conductors
- Proper attachment of mechanical and compression lugs
- Proper use of hydraulic and manual knockout
- Excavating electrical trenches, effective trench compaction in different soil types, and trench safety precautions
- Building equipment mounting walls from plans
- Reading one lines and developing inferences based on unclear plan sets.
- Effective PVC conduit run design and construction
- High school diploma or GED
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by Joule Energy
- Experience in electrical installation and repair
- Experience as electrician’s helper or journeyman
Working Conditions - Work will be performed outside, rain or shine.
Physical Requirements - Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, heavy lifting (45lbs).
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We operate with a "triple bottom line" philosophy, meaning you don't have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- On-the-job training
- Learning-focused environment
- Opportunities for advancement