Joule is seeking a seasoned, highly skilled engineer to help design photovoltaic (PV) solar systems! Engineers have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the way our communities obtain and use energy for years to come!
The Senior PV Engineer will design and engineer photovoltaic (PV) systems, along with storage and microgrid systems. Systems will range from 8kW to 200 MW in size, primarily in the 1-20 MW range. Senior PV Engineer will be responsible for assessing procurement choices, asset management systems, production and performance, construction efficiencies, and communication of needs to client.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design PV systems
- Evaluate system performance components including voltage drop, power loss, circuit length
- Work with Director of Supply Chain to ensure timely procurement of required supply to proper specification
- Create engineering details, elevations, single line diagrams and other engineering and construction support documents.
- Assess, evaluate, and report on proposals for design efficiencies.
- Communicate engineering questions and decisions to vendors, investors, and prime contractors.
- Coordinate with Lead Engineer and Lead Designer on interdepartmental responsibilities
- Bachelors in Engineering, Masters in Engineering preferred
- 5-7 years in design of photovoltaic systems
- Demonstrated ability to design systems larger than 200 kW
- Experience in designing medium voltage (MV) electrical systems
- Licensed electrical engineer in at least one state (Preferred)
- NABCEP Certification
- Expert in AutoCAD or similar drafting software
- Database Management
- Scripting in Google Sheets or Excel
- Some experience as PV installer preferred
- Naturally collaborative
- Attention to detail
- Drive for process improvement
- Flexible and responsive to changing needs
Working Conditions - Must be willing to travel to remote project sites for inspection (within U.S.) approximately 10-20% of time.
Physical Requirements -Must be able to climb stairs, carry 40 lbs, sit and stand in office environment for full workday.
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. You will receive hands on experience in solar design in a meaningful way to Joule. We operate with a “triple bottom line” philosophy, meaning you don’t have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Volunteer community service opportunities
- On-the- job training
- Learning focused environment
- Professional development
Willing to consider licensed electrical engineers with minimal solar experience if the candidate is otherwise a good fit.