Who We Are:
JOOR is the world’s largest digital wholesale marketplace, connecting the best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, smarter wholesale business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, JOOR helps more than 3,000 brands and 175,000 retail locations to rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful order processing, assortment planning, and analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Los Angeles, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
We are a team of retail industry experts and technologists passionate about transforming the wholesale industry through disruptive products and services. Come join us!
Who You Are:
We are looking for a professional with strong and proven Product Management experience developing products for startups and, ideally, mobile marketplace or eCommerce platforms. Candidates need to be comfortable with both technical concepts/language and the ability to lead a customer-centric development team to create a best in class product for users. You understand when to build something scrappy and when to build for scale. You also have a “no job too small”, “no task too great” mentality. You will be reporting to the Director of Product, and your team will include a UI/UX Designer, multiple Software Engineers and a dedicated QA Engineer.
What You'll Do:
In your role you will work with our users, Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales to scale the JOOR mobile application. Specifically, you will:
- Build and maintain the roadmap, manage feature delivery from discovery to validation in production.
- Constantly come up with creative ways to add more value to our customers through new features, new business models, technical innovation and optimization and implement them end to end.
- Understand what the different parts of the business challenges are and find solutions within the product to these challenges.
- Write detailed product specifications (user stories) and prioritize them accordingly for the engineering team.
- Plan and coordinate all of the moving pieces of our tech sprints, keeping all stakeholders informed of product changes.
- Weigh and justify product development between short-term needs and long-term strategic direction.
- Partner with the rest of the product team to provide consistency and visibility into the feature request process and roadmap delivery, including implementing new tools and processes.
What We're Looking For:
- 5 - 7 years product relevant experience in either managing mobile platforms and or, eCommerce, B2B SaaS, online marketplaces/exchanges or comparable fast-paced company (required)*
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial environment, where your judgment and strategic thinking are key to success, where a “can do” approach and ability to roll up the sleeves and get stuff done is the number 1 requirement
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to keep teams motivated and positive when up against tight deadlines
- Experience in creating new and complex products and successfully taking them to market and proven results working cross functionally with Engineering and Sales, driving successful deliverables
- Experience with UI/UX design and using Invision, and/or other wireframing/design tools.
- Experience using Clubhouse, JIRA or a similar project management system
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Leadership attributes with demonstrated integrity, passion and initiative
- BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics a plus
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action.
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series.
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.