Who We Are:
JOOR is the world’s largest digital wholesale marketplace, connecting the best brands and top retailers for faster, easier, smarter wholesale business. The only platform serving the needs of both buyers and sellers, JOOR helps more than 3,000 brands and 175,000 retail locations to rid themselves of manual processes and grow their businesses through more efficient and impactful order processing, assortment planning, and analytics. JOOR is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Los Angeles, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
We are a team of retail industry experts and technologists passionate about transforming the wholesale industry through disruptive products and services. Come join us!
What You'll Do:
- Staff accountants work under the supervision of the Assistant Controller.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers, prepare and analyze actual vs budgets
- Post accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and
entry; monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date; prepare and perform check runs
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Post customer payments by recording cash collections and summarizing receivables by maintaining
- Prepare customer bills and invoices, and reconcile account receivable sub-ledger to the
- Assist with collections to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue
- Assist with the month-end close process and any ad hoc reporting.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is preferred
- 2-3 years accounting experience at a startup or mid-to-large size company
- Full understanding and experience with the fundamentals of bookkeeping and reconciliations
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, highly organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data
- Familiarity with how a SaaS business operates
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia
- Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.