We’re looking for a motivated Product Analyst to help accelerate the growth of our customer base.
At Homebase, our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles these teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for equally ambitious people to join us.
As the Product Analyst, you will partner with our team of Product Managers and Growth Marketers to set team goals, identify and access new opportunities, and measure the performance of initiatives in an effort to grow our customer base. You will help answer key questions about how to engage our customers, grow revenue, and scale our business.
The ideal candidate will thrive at the intersection of data analysis and business strategy. They will enjoy working cross-functionally and have a strong drive to get results.
Who are you?
- You excel at combining rigorous data-driven analysis and strong business intuition to solve complex problems.
- You are an expert in building and using large data sets to extract insights, and love using structured analysis and quantitative reasoning to solve ambiguous problems.
- You enjoy taking reasonable risks. Data rocks your world but you are willing to think outside of the box to identify the next big opportunity.
- You’re a flexible team player who is happy to help your colleagues and who can work with local and remote teams.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who loves local businesses.
- Partner with a Product Manager to set the strategy and goals of the Product Team across the core areas of acquisition, activation, and monetization
- Analyze vast amounts of quantitative data to identify potential opportunities and tactics to achieve the Growth team’s goals.
- Size the potential impact of new product initiatives and make recommendations on their relative priority.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of product initiatives and growth experiments, recommend ways to optimize actions to drive impact.
- Play a major role in setting the culture and processes for how the company leverages data to make decisions and drive growth.
- 3+ years of experience using analytics to drive key business decisions in a business / product / marketing analyst, business intelligence, or strategy consulting role; Previous experience at a high-growth, SaaS or consumer product company preferred
- Deep understanding of the customer lifecycle and business metrics of a SaaS product; Hands-on experience with segmentation, cohort, and product funnel analyses strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of tools including SQL, Excel, Looker, etc to analyze and model very large datasets (10M+ rows); Deep understanding of relational databases required
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to successfully complete multiple, competing projects under tight deadlines
- Strong prioritization & organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s Degree a plus
Sound like you?
Along with your resume, include a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for Homebase. If you have a portfolio or work or a link to your git repository, we’d love to see it. If you’ve worked in a local business (even back in high school), we want to hear about it.
Who are we?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures.
We are a values driven group. Our values include:
- In Service - we take our commitment to our customers and each other very seriously.
- No Day Wasted - we are moving fast and encouraging each other to do our best work.
- Purple Standard - we always ask ourselves if we’ve done our best work for our customers.
We embrace diversity and are serious about building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. We firmly believe that an inclusive, respectful workplace makes us stronger and better.