Homebase strives to craft delightful product experiences based on customer research, data and market knowledge. Our challenge is to make it dead simple for for local business owners and their employees to use technology to make managing work easier.
In this role, you’ll lead our fast-growing Hiring product. We launched hiring a year ago
and have seen it become an essential part of our product platform.
In this role, you'll lead the product to even great growth. You'll be a relentless researcher, mining trends in hiring, reaching out to customers and applicants to understand their needs, and digging into the data. You'll also work with partners like ZipRecruiter, Indeed and Facebook to ensure that the right candidates find the right jobs quickly.
This is an opportunity to create a great product that will solve the biggest issue facing local businesses today - finding great people.
Who are you?
- You are a hands-on PM who can make sound decisions based on data, user research, and market research.
- You enjoy taking reasonable risks. Data rocks your world and you can talk about design patterns for hours.
- You are a diligent researcher who talks to customers, potential customers, customer success agents and technology users, collecting qualitative and quantitative results.
- You can process feedback quickly and think creatively about delivering new ideas and solutions.
- You know your way around APIs, frameworks, and documentation. A well defined end point makes your day.
- You value precision and excellence, but you can also get great products to market quickly and iterate.
- You can develop user flows, wireframes and basic designs to help our scrappy design team get started on their work.
- You’re a flexible team player who is happy to help your colleagues and who can work with local and remote teams.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who loves local businesses.
- You comb the competitive landscape in your free time, figuring out what’s interesting across related ecosystems.
- Own the hiring product experience end to end.
- Work closely with our partner network to ensure that job syndication and targeting are always on and always delivering great candidates to our merchants.
- Test and innovate as we develop the best way for local businesses to find great people.
- Lead your scrum team to success.
- Drive core growth and revenue metrics.
- 3+ years of product management experience, preferably with at least one growth-stage company
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Experience with Agile Scrum processes
- Demonstrated ability to use metrics and testing to develop hypotheses and evaluate product opportunities; strong SQL skills a plus
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
Sound like you?
Along with your resume, include a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for Homebase. If you have a portfolio of work or a link to your git repository, we’d love to see it.
If you’ve worked in a local business (even back in high school), we want to hear about it.
Who are we?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for equally ambitious people to join us. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures.
We are a values driven group. Our values include:
In Service - we take our commitments to our customers and each other very seriously.
No Day Wasted - we are moving fast and encouraging each other to do our best work.
Purple Standard - we always ask ourselves if we’ve done our best work for our customers.
We embrace diversity and are serious about building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. We firmly believe that an inclusive, respectful workplace makes us stronger and better.