We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Lead Product Manager to identify and build a new, innovative product for local businesses and their employees.
At Homebase, our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles these teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for equally ambitious people to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting market and customer research; identifying new market opportunities; and leading the product planning, development and growth for a new product initiative. You will work closely with the Data & Research teams to understand the market needs & business goals, Product Designers and Engineers to develop and grow the new product, and the Marketing team to plan, package, communicate and measure the go-to-market of the new product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic and analytical background with a passion for bringing new ideas to market. They will enjoy working cross-functionally to craft delightful product experiences based on customer research, data and market knowledge.
Who are you?
- You are a hands-on PM who can make sound decisions based on data, user research, and market research.
- You enjoy taking reasonable risks. Data rocks your world but you are willing to think outside of the box to identify the next big opportunity.
- You are a diligent researcher who talks to customers, prospects, customer success agents and technology users to collect qualitative and quantitative information.
- You can process lots of feedback, think creatively about delivering new ideas and solutions, and make decisions quickly.
- You can develop user flows, wireframes and basic designs to help our scrappy design team get started on their work.
- You’re a flexible team player who is happy to help your colleagues and who can work with local and remote teams.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who loves local businesses.
- Define the strategy for a new, innovative product for local businesses and their employees.
- Lead a cross-functional team to bring the new product to market and to grow it’s usage, satisfaction and revenue.
- Gather & analyze large amounts of quantitative & qualitative customer data to help identify, prioritize and measure the impact of initiatives to achieve your ambitious growth goals.
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferably for a high-growth SaaS product; Previous entrepreneurial experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and launching successful new products
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem solving skills; Must be very comfortable with data gathering and analysis, and be able to use data to make recommendations and drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and to articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional, entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Sound like you?
Along with your resume, include a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for Homebase. If you have a portfolio or work or a link to your git repository, we’d love to see it. If you’ve worked in a local business (even back in high school), we want to hear about it.
Who are we?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures.
We are a values driven group. Our values include:
- In Service - we take our commitments to our customers and each other very seriously.
- No Day Wasted - we are moving fast and encouraging each other to do our best work.
- Purple Standard - we always ask ourselves if we’ve done our best work for our customers.
We embrace diversity and are serious about building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. We firmly believe that an inclusive, respectful workplace makes us stronger and better.