Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging).
Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data.
Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
Our design team at Homebase strives to craft delightful experiences that help make people’s lives easier. As an early member of a rapidly growing design team, you’ll work closely with our founders, product and engineering teams to shape the future of our company. You will be key in building the team, as well as in helping to develop the design culture and product vision at Homebase.
We're a collaborative group—guided by an iterative design process. We’re constantly revamping our entire product suite across web and mobile. We are looking for a product designer that is not only passionate about solving problems but is also constantly striving to push their own limits in seeking innovative solutions.
- Craft beautiful, elegant experiences
- Help develop and maintain design languages and systems
- Iterate and establish process changes collaboratively with the team
- Work closely with design, executive, product, and engineering teams to guide projects from conception to implementation
- Foster design culture at Homebase
- 4+ years of relevant design experience across multiple platforms as a part of an in-house design team or an agency
- Passionate advocate for the user
- Love local businesses and want to find creative ways to reach them
- Able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Understanding of technical limitations and the ability to work collaboratively with engineers on a solution
- OK with ambiguity and is a self-starter that knows when to ask questions and seek the right answers
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.