Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
At Homebase, the SEO & Content Marketing Manager will be an integral early member of the Marketing team. You will be responsible for driving and converting organic traffic through SEO, content marketing, public relations, and other integrated marketing campaigns. But your impact will be even greater, as a leader able to shape the future of our nimble Marketing organization and the fast-growing company you’ll be joining.
A successful candidate thrives on wearing multiple hats in a start-up environment. You are an SEO expert, thriving on analytics to chart out and implement SEO initiatives. You write quickly and beautifully and are excited about being the voice of the company and its leadership as we define our brand and voice. You have excellent project management skills, and are as comfortable working with other marketers as you are designers, engineers, and product managers. Ideally, you’ve already run a company blog / social presence and had success building a following organically.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop effective keyword targeting strategy, prioritizing SEO initiatives, and executing on planned SEO tactics to maximize organic reach and engagement
- Own the company’s editorial calendar, which includes content creation and curation for our blog, marketing campaigns, whitepapers/ e-books, contributed content for media and business partners, and social channels to articulate our story and brand promise
- Test and measure all efforts to ensure we’re executing upon a data-driven content marketing strategy
- Build relationships with key media outlets and reporters so you know off the top of your head which reporter will bite on a given story, as well as how to build stories that get bites
- Manage our social media presence to tell the Homebase story and the stories of our customers to source new Homebase merchants and engage existing Homebase merchants
- Work with the rest of Marketing on overall strategy, messaging, design, and other all-hands-on-deck initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or liberal arts.
- 4+ years of experience in start-up or corporate Marketing team, performance marketing agency, or PR agency
- Proven expertise in SEO with demonstrated results
- Expert with SEO analytics tools such as GA, Search Console, BrightEdge, Moz, etc.
- Comfort with data and analysis in Excel
- Experience shaping a compelling story in multiple written forms
- Excellent writing skills
- WordPress experience is a plus
- Personal experience as an hourly worker or with Homebase’s mission to help local businesses is a plus