Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data.
Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for a Business Analyst to help us analytically approach all problems, from operations, to product, to strategy. You’ll be getting in at the ground floor, getting your hands dirty in projects across the company, which impact hundreds of thousands of people daily.
A successful Homebase Business Analyst is described as a jack of all trades who learns quickly and enjoys using data to tackle problems. You most likely has a consulting or investment banking background, are sick of theorizing about companies, and you want to get around to actually operating a business. You love working cross-functionally, and you don’t need much direction to get started. Everyday is a new challenge, and that’s what gets you out of bed each morning.
- Corporate Strategy & Finance: Help guide Homebase’s strategic direction with solid business modeling and decision analysis. Develop financing strategies, monitor market conditions and help execute fundraising as needed.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Support the business in answering complicated strategic questions with both quantitative and qualitative insights. Be a key voice in reinforcing our data-driven culture and be seen as a go-to internal expert for data-related requests.
- Forecasting & Budgeting. Work with senior executives across functional groups to plan and measure how resources are deployed, both at the company and department level. Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives.
- Market Development and Growth: Identify, quantify and execute against high potential growth opportunities within both existing and new products. Conduct customer and market research to develop hypotheses and then work with engineering, product, and marketing to execute tests and ensure learning are implemented successfully.
- Process Development: Scale existing systems and processes - or build new ones from the ground up – to facilitate our customer growth and take our operations to the next level. This work has the potential to touch any and all departments in the company.
This role is a rare opportunity to have a large surface area across the organization and play a leading role in multiple projects critical to scaling the business. The size of our team, and stage of our growth, means you will get your hands in dozens of unique and challenging ways, and affect hundreds of thousands of hourly workers.
- College degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in a top-tier Consulting or Investment Banking program
- Gets a kick out of digging deep into data, structuring thoughts and process upfront to help deliver the best results and business outcomes
- Loves finding the most customer-friendly solution to the problems, bringing in both qualitative and quantitative feedback before making decisions
- Enjoys doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- Possesses a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Keeps a process-oriented mindset with an ability to execute projects from small to big in scale
- Has a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Excels at analytics and problem solving
- Has experience with SQL or a strong desire to learn
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency in line with our value of “No Day Wasted”
- Works well with, and influences, people with a vast array of working styles
- Loves local business...patronizing them, supporting them, building great tools for them
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global and diverse work team.