Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
As a mobile engineer you will help design and implement product solutions that empower us to reach our potential! Play a leading role in product engineering in our iOS and Android apps and accelerate our ability to reliably and consistently deliver beautiful solutions to our customers. We have beautiful apps in Apple and Google’s store for employees to manage their schedules, and we also have apps for merchants to run manage their employees that run on iPad and a variety of Android devices.
You’ll drive product engineering on our iOS and Android applications that are used by thousands of our merchants and employees. You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process. Your challenge will be to build a variety of mobile applications in our iOS and Android app markets.
Who you are and what we do:
- 2+ years iOS and/or Android experience generate enthusiasm and elicit results among colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability syncing local and remote data using REST api
- Experience dealing with time sensitive data / real time data syncing
- Experience using Gradle to ship multiple Flavors of an app
- Experience writing SQLite queries and custom Content Providers
- Concurrency / multithreading experience
- Experience implementing Material Design
- Published an app on Google Play
- Knowledge of iOS SDK framework
- Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with RestKit/API
- Have built well-reviewed iOS application available on the App Store
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.