Who are we?
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
Who are we looking for?
A product manager is responsible for the strategy, product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and our customer success teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
We’re looking to bring on a product lead for our core scheduling products. We are a small and scrappy team, and expect this person can take an established product and significantly increase the number of businesses using the product, while still ensuring it is an experience that users love.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Grow the core scheduling and time tracking functionality for the thousands of business owners and managers using Homebase every day.
- Get to be our customer’s hero - gain deep insights into small businesses to determine the right problems to solve on their behalf.
- Quarterback the team - drive entire feature delivery lifecycle: research customer/user needs; write user stories; partner with UX to design and prototype; work with engineering to develop, test and deliver a marketable product on time; collaborate with customer facing roles to drive market awareness and customer adoption
- 5+ years of product management experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated increased engagement and growth for a product with established product market fit
- Demonstrated ability to use metrics and testing to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Deep understanding of and empathy for our users
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience driving growth initiatives that require deeper data analysis as well as working through seams and removing friction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- In-person and remote user testing experience
- Versatility in working with local and remote teams
- Ability to play active leadership role within our company
- Previous experience working in the hospitality or retail space is a plus
- An entrepreneurial work style, you're a self-starter and know how to get things done with resource constraints
Homebase is for hourly employees and managers who are tired of dealing with paperwork and other day-to-day challenges that compete for their limited time. More than 60,000 businesses rely on Homebase’s scheduling, time tracking, and team communication platform to help simplify their daily work, giving them hours back every week. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data and are all former hourly employees and managers themselves. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures. For more information, please visit www.joinhomebase.com