Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for a motivated, self-starter to take over day-to-day operations of our growing office in downtown San Francisco. This position will involve a combination of office management, administrative responsibilities, and people/recruiting operations.
The ideal candidate for this position must be pragmatic, flexible and comfortable wearing many different hats. We need an independent thinker who won’t shy away from ownership. Nothing makes you happier than happy employees and happy customers. A can-do attitude is a must...no project is too big or too small for you, and you have a smile on your face while doing it.
- Be the Homebase culture keeper by upholding existing company traditions and finding new ways to delight our employees
- Office management - help keep the office pleasant and productive (ordering office supplies, troubleshooting phone/printer issues, maintaining a tidy office, etc.)
- Administrative tasks – welcoming visitors, receiving deliveries, managing utilities and other miscellaneous administrative duties
- Calendar management - help CEO and COO with meeting scheduling, coordination, and other administrative tasks, and shuffling conference room reservations
- Recruiting coordination - schedule interviews, help collect feedback, greet candidates, and own candidate experience ensuring they have the best view of Homebase throughout their process
- Coordinate with vendors that are supporting the office (i.e. cleaners, lunch delivery, office supplies, snacks and beverages, landlord relations, etc.)
- Onboarding duties - setting up new employee computers and workstations, handing out key fobs, handling employee paperwork, etc.
- Event planning - coordinate offsite meetings, special events, team building exercises and other events
- A willingness to help out wherever help is needed
- High School Degree (or the equivalent) required
- Administrative Assistant/Office Management experience a plus
- Hardworking, a self-starter, and enthusiastic – you’re the glue that keeps this office together!
- Pay close attention to details - not only are you meticulous with maintaining an office, but you take pride in everything you do. You relish responsibility and strive for perfection
- Excel at problem solving - be able to deconstruct issues carefully and take decisive action when needed
- Love a good bargain - we’re all about finding value and you should too
- Are adept at multitasking, providing administrative support to several teams
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills with a mind for prioritization
- Are entrepreneurial and take initiative – constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve both the office space and employee experience
- Love of local business required -- you keep lists of your favorite coffee shops, restaurants, and local vendors, and your friends rely on you for these
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global and diverse work team.