Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
About the role:
Homebase is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead product strategy and development for major new Homebase features, products and mobile applications.
In this role, you will display end-to-end ownership of your product including customer-facing product, data models, back-end management tools, operational software, APIs and integrations.
The ideal candidate has built products from the ground up taking ideas, quickly iterating to reveal product-market fit, and scaling to thousands of users. If you find your energy from ups and downs of this journey then this role may be for you.
Working at Homebase:
At Homebase, you will join a hardworking, smart, energetic team committed to changing the lives of hourly workers, which make up one-third of the US economy. You’ll become part of a team that brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures, who believe in transforming hourly work the way we do.
- Define Requirements: Define product requirements and translate into technical requirements for teams of developers
- Manage Process: Manage end-to-end agile development process - from design to implementation - to maximize the development team’s output
- Own Your Analytics: Define key product metrics, develop product dashboards and run ad-hoc analyses
- Chart the Course: Be a critical stakeholder and participant in defining strategic direction for a core part of Homebase’s business (your product area)
- Represent the Customer: Develop a strong “voice of the customer” through close and consistent needs-finding interactions
It would be great if you had/knew:
- Tools like Pivotal Tracker, SQL, Google Analytics, MixPanel, etc
- Knowledge of HR software, SMB management software and adjacent spaces
- Experience with marketplaces
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.