Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging).
Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started.
The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
Our design team at Homebase strives to craft delightful experiences that help make people’s lives easier. As a part of a rapidly growing design team, you’ll also work closely with our founders and marketing team to shape the future of our company, both visually and culturally.
We’re looking for a talented Marketing Design Intern with a passion for digital media, graphic design, and typography. In this role, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams to produce digital and print assets.
- 10-week (or semester long) part-time paid internship
- Execution-oriented work on the most pressing growth issues facing Homebase
- Broad exposure to marketing and product–from user acquisition, partnership collateral, engagement, and PR
- Regular access to senior leaders of the company, including the CEO
- A great jumping off internship if you want to go into tech startups or marketing design full-time
- Create visual assets for landing pages, email marketing campaigns, blog posts, social media, ads, and more
- Follow guidelines and help maintain and introduce new standards when needed
- Collaborate with our marketing, design and product teams
- Organizing multiple projects while delivering for timelines and managing expectations
A Little More About You
- Working towards or has a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have a portfolio with a diverse body of work
- Solid understanding of design principles, especially typography and grid systems
- Eagerness to learn about design process in a real world environment
- You love local businesses and want to find creative ways to reach them
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Interested in motion design
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.