We're re-thinking the way insurance is sold, creating technology to make it more accessible for businesses and friendlier for customers. We partner with both retailers and insurers to deliver insurance products directly to the consumer as they shop. We know that insurance is sold, not bought, so we build technology to deliver superior pricing and value at exactly the right time and partnered with incredible investors to help us get there.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as a partner with the Account Executives calling on our largest prospects. The BDR provides frontline, outbound prospecting, lead generation, and follow up, clearly qualifying retail partnership opportunities and communicating Clyde’s value to merchants. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced BDR to absolutely crush a new market ripe with opportunities. Clyde BDRs can expect to progress into an Account Executive position within their first year of successfully attaining BDR goals.
This is the position for you if...
- You are currently in a BDR / LDR / SDR position and crushing it but you're looking for an opportunity where you can see your sales career grow.
- You are in your element when it comes to communicating value, creating urgency, and delighting customers.
What You’ll Do
- Relentless prospecting via phone, email, and LinkedIn
- Research and develop target accounts and prospect lists
- Initiate the sales process via outbound and inbound communications
- Create client interest, answer questions and qualify sales opportunities
- Capture pertinent client data and update the CRM database
- Establish and maintain relationships with the sales and marketing teams
- Help develop and evolve Clyde’s overall prospecting strategy and approach
What We Look For
- 1-2 year(s) of experience in a B2B business development role
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to compose compelling, beautiful emails
- A magnetic attraction to dialing phone numbers
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Understanding of business phone and email etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of CRM technologies
- Ability to deal with and adjust quickly to change
- Experience in the retail/e-commerce arenas preferred
Who are we?
We were founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer obsessed team made of designers, engineers, and operators, and have partnered with incredible investors to power the contextual insurance revolution.
Why should you join us?
We’re building something really cool. We’re turning an unsexy space into something we can all enjoy. Doesn’t that sound fun? Members of our team are incredibly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative, and we expect you to operate the same way. Our goal is to make sure we’re always aligned. Plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We have a good time :-)