We're re-thinking the way insurance is sold, creating technology to make it more accessible for businesses and friendlier for customers. We partner with both retailers and insurers to deliver insurance products directly to the consumer as they shop. We know that insurance is sold, not bought, so we build technology to deliver superior pricing and value at exactly the right time and partnered with incredible investors to help us get there.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer to help lead the development of the Clyde platform and bring our business to its next stage. As a Developer at Clyde, you will envision, architect, design, and execute on projects in collaboration with a growing team that you’ll be helping to build. We’re building the future of online, contextual insurance and are looking for someone who’s as excited as we are to tackle this challenge.
This position reports to Clyde's CTO.
- Take a leading role in the design and implementation of new plugins as we expand to additional platforms
- Collaborate with the rest of the Clyde team to continuously iterate on and improve our existing offerings
- Optimize the way that we work by following - and refining - engineering best practices
- Have extensive input into both technical and business decisions
- Stabilize and extend our existing APIs and eCommerce plugins
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 2-3 years web development experience
- Expertise building stable and scalable systems
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration
- Excitement about modernizing an antiquated and highly profitable industry
Nice to have:
- Experience building for eCommerce, specifically for eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce, etc.
- Familiarity with Git or other similar VCS
- API design experience
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL/Redis
- DevOps experience - specifically using AWS and Docker
Who are we?
We were founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team made of designers, engineers, and operators, and have partnered with incredible investors to power the contextual insurance revolution.
Why should you join us?
We’re building something really cool. We’re turning an unsexy space into something we can all enjoy. Doesn’t that sound fun? Members of our team are incredibly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative, and we expect you to operate the same way. Our goal is to make sure we’re always aligned. Plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We have a good time :-)